My Cheap Wedding Ideas
For Speeches and Presents
Cheap wedding ideas
No cheap wedding would be complete without a funny wedding speech or some little gifts for the people who helped make it all possible.
At the outset of your wedding planning these things may well be pretty far down your to-do list. However speeches take time to prepare and practice so it pays to start early.
Trying to decide what the best gifts would be for each member of your bridal party or your parents is also not something which should be rushed. Don’t panic, you don’t have to spend a fortune. Keep reading for more cheap wedding ideas.
As with any aspect of your wedding, it’s never too early to start planning. Even if you just get the seed of an idea started or delegate tasks to someone else (give your other half a prompt if he is doing the speech!) it all helps.
In this section of my site I will look at several different ideas for speeches and wedding guest gift ideas to help try and take the hard work out of it for you. So I intend to cover the following:
- Wedding guest gift ideas - in this section I will give you some examples of what Jeremy and I came up with as affordable gifts for our wedding party, along with some ideas that have been shared with us through this site.
- Wedding gifts for Dad - don’t worry, we’re not forgetting your Mum here, but we all know how awkward men can be to buy for, so I will share some tips especially for him.
- Keepsake wedding gifts - more and more of you are contacting me asking about keepsake gifts for guests and/or your wedding party. These are getting quite popular so I will give you a few examples of how you can come up with some unique and personal ways of achieving this type of gift.
- Cash wedding gifts - cash is quickly becoming the go-to gift of choice for brides and grooms at the moment, but there is still a social stigma surrounding it and how you go about asking for cash if that’s what you want. This section will show you how to subtly ask for cash without offending.
- Preparing and performing a funny wedding speech - many people put off the speech until the last minute, but they take time to write and time to rehearse. There are a few tricks and tips you can use to make the process easier for you.
- Wedding speech examples - to get you started, I will give you an example of a speech and some tips on how you can make it your own, or how to take bits of it and work them into your speech.
As you are no doubt aware by now (I know I keep bleating on about it!) everything about your cheap wedding ideas needs to be planned in detail. The more you plan the easier each aspect will be. So get off to a good start and get the ball rolling by at least thinking about your gifts and speeches.
Return from Cheap Wedding Ideas for Speeches and gifts to the home page.