Start Building Good Relationships With Suppliers.
Welcome to the latest issue of "Cheap Wedding Gems".
This e-zine will keep you up to date with all my latest tips and money saving ideas for your perfect cheap wedding day.
If you enjoy this e-zine and know someone who is getting married please forward a copy to them so that they can benefit from the various articles.
If this e-zine was forwarded to you by a friend and you would like to see more then please follow this link to see how you can sign up for future issues (don't worry it's completely FREE).
- Building Relationships with Suppliers - This is one of the most important things you can do as it can have a massive impact on the cost and smooth running of your wedding day.
- Latest articles on my-cheap-wedding.
- Tip of the month.
- Final thought.
I can't stress this enough, establishing a good relationship with your wedding suppliers is essential. It will make the planning element of your wedding more straight forward and hopefully it will even help you save money.
So why is it so important?
If you have a good relationship with your suppliers they will grow to trust and like you, and if someone likes they will tend to go the extra mile for you.
Now that may not seem that important, but let me give you a scenario. Let's say you are getting your flowers from a local florist, your wedding is in 1 day. The button holes are wrong and you are having a meltdown.
Another client of hers has a problem on the same day but that other client has built a great relationship with the florist, who do you think the florist will go the extra mile for...
I'm not saying your problem won't get sorted, if the florist is a professional she will help you but it's human nature to help your friends first.
So...no matter which supplier you are working with:
1. Be polite and friendly - try to establish a friendly but professional relationship. The easiest way I find is to simply strike up a friendly conversation about their field of expertise, every one loves to be flattered, so complement any examples of their work that may be on display in their shop etc.
2. If you have disagreements don’t raise your voice and throw a tantrum. During a disagreement if you raise your voice you will instantly get the other person agitated and angry. Instead (camly) explain what your issue is and ask them if they can see it from your point of view. That way they are forced into saying that they can see it from your aspect and immediately calms the situation.
3. If your supplier likes you they are more likely to offer you a good price.
4. Don't fall into the trap of being too friendly. If you do you will then feel bad about asking for discount and feel bad for them if they are under pressure.
Latest articles on my-cheap-wedding.co.uk
We have all been there...trying to decide whether or not so get a funny wedding cake topper or go with tradition and have a serious topper or flowers etc to decorate the cake.
Funny Wedding Cake Toppers.
Unfortunately I am not going to be able to tell you what you should do as I don't know your personality.
What I can do is reassure you that it is your day and you are the only person who can make the decision. It is important that your cake topper (like all aspects of your wedding day) reflect your and your groom's personalities.
So, ask yourself this, would your guests expect you to have a fun element to your wedding? If the answer is yes then go for it.
If you do want funny cake toppers then you have a huge variety to choose from and several different styles from plastic to clay and even marzipan. Click here to read my latest article on funny wedding cake toppers.
Tip of the month.
Don't Be Afraid fo DIY
There are lots of you out there who instantly shy away from DIY but there really is no need. Provided you leave yourself enough time there is nothing you can't do, you just need to be more positive about your abilities.
The best thing I can suggest if you have a phobia about DIY is to start with something easy like designing a wedding invite on your computer, no cutting or sticking ribbons and applying glitter. Once you have it done, try printing it onto card, it really is that simple.
Once you have the confidence builder done you should feel ready to tackle something a little more advanced like making your own flower bouquets, decorating the church etc etc.
The most important step is giving it a go, you can start with a single card or a trial wedding bouquet. You don't have to use your first attempt and who knows you may turn out to be a DIY goddess.
But you'll never find out if you don't try.
Have you got your FREE planner yet for whatever reason, just click this Free wedding planner link to it. Then simply open the zip file and you're ready to go.
See you next month,
P.S. Why not send this to a friend who is getting married, you might just save them a fortune!
If this was sent to you by a friend and you enjoyed it, then click here to see how to go about signing up for more copies of my FREE money saving e-zine and get a complementary wedding planner.