DIY Love Heart place settings, table name tags and table planner.
Love heart sweet (before)
I came up with a unique idea to incorporate my theme of "love heart" sweets into the place settings, table names and table plan at my wedding.
I felt the theme of "love heart" sweets was perfect for me as I loved them as a child and the hearts were perfect for my big day.
Plus I felt they would be versatile enough that I could use them for several aspects of our wedding day.
This is how I did it:
1. First I bought a packet of “love hearts” (truth be told I bought two, but I ate one). Then took a picture of one of the sweets in a colour that I wanted (pink of course) and used the basic photo editing software on my laptop to get rid of the writing (I have enclosed pictures of before and after).
2. Once I had the image I wanted, I used the same photo editing software to write:
- Individual guests names on them for place settings.
- Ten guests names for the table planner (each sweet then represented a table)
3. I then took pictures of a range of individual sweets with their original messages which would be my table names e.g. Love You, Stud Muffin, Angel Face, Yes Dear and Hot Lips etc.
4. Once I had all the images I needed I simply printed them in colour, cut them out and mounted them on card which I bought at a local craft shop.
All in, they cost me about £5.00, plus a few hours of my time and a little glue on my clothes. But I now have some really unique and personal places settings, table names and a table planner that all match my theme beautifully. Plus I was able to go online and buy little packets of personalised (with our names and the date of the wedding) "love heart" sweets to use as my favours.